For faster browsing, we recommend that you upgrade your browser
Select country and language
With Online Check-in you can jump the line, choose your seat and save on the purchase of additional services.
- Select your flight: enter the information about your reservation and the passengers traveling with you
- Choose additional services: select your seat and, if necessary, pay for excess baggage online
- Print out your boarding pass: choose from among the various options available to receive your boarding pass — on your PC, mobile device, at the Fast Check-in kiosk or at the airport check-in desk
Use ONLINE CHECK-IN
After checking in via Online Check-in, take the baggage you want to check to the dedicated drop-off desks, if present, or to the Business Class check-in desk.
The service is available beginning the day before the flight’s departure, even if you have baggage to be checked.
Exceptions to Online Check-in opening times:
|Departing from:||Online check-in opens before flight departure:|
|Amman, Amsterdam, Brussels, Yerevan, Lampedusa, Munich, Nice, Paris and Zurich.||24 hrs.|
|to/from USA||24 hrs.|
Who may not use Online Check-in?
- Minors (up to and including 14 years of age) travelling alone1
- Passengers requiring special assistance2
- Passengers traveling with special baggage (sports equipment, animals)
- Passengers traveling on flights not operated by the Alitalia group
- Passengers with connecting flights on the same day that are operated by other airlines, except Air France or KLM
- Passengers with reissued or revalidated tickets
- Passengers departing from:
- Abu Dhabi
- Palma de Mallorca
- St. Petersburg
How to retrieve your boarding pass
Choose how you want to retrieve/print your boarding pass:
- PC following Online Check-in3
- Mobile device with Internet access (boarding pass sent via text message4)
- Fast Check-in kiosk at the airport
- Check-in desk
Cancellation of Check-in
If you are no longer able to board the flight for which you have already checked in using Online Check-in, the online service will allow you to cancel your check-in in just a few easy steps.
- Extra Comfort Seats : purchase seats that give you more room on medium and long-haul international flights
- Extra Baggage5 : pay for your extra baggage in advance and save 20% on the price paid at the airport
1. Minors can use Online Check-in only if accompanied by an adult.
2. Alitalia recommends that passengers needing special assistance contact Alitalia’s Call Center at 800 223 5730 at least 48 hours before their flight departure time, to ensure they receive assistance according to their specific needs from the time of check-in to boarding.
3. For the following flights, only retrieval at the airport is possible:
- Flights from: Cairo, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Tripoli, and Tunis
- Flights to: Moscow, St. Petersburg and Tripoli
5. The discount to buy extra baggage allowance is also available for disabled passengers who call 001 800 223 5730 beginning one day before the flight’s departure.