For faster browsing, we recommend that you upgrade your browser
Select country and language
With Online Check-in you can jump the line, choose your seat and save on the purchase of additional services.
- Enter the information about your reservation and the passengers traveling with you
- Choose additional services: select your seat and, if necessary, pay for excess baggage online
- Print out your boarding pass: choose from among the various options available to receive your boarding pass — on your PC, mobile device, at the Fast Check-in kiosk or at the airport check-in desk
Use ONLINE CHECK-IN
After checking in via Online Check-in, take the baggage you want to check to the dedicated drop-off desks, if present, or to the Business Class check-in desk.
The service is available from two days before the flight's departure, even if you have baggage to be checked.
EXCEPTIONS to Online Check-in opening times:
|Departing from:||Check-in opens before flight departure:|
|Amman, Amsterdam, Brussels, Yerevan, Frankfurt, Lampedusa, Nice, Paris, Tunis and Zürich.||24 hrs|
|South America, if there are any connecting flights:||The day before|
before flight departure:
|With connecting flights operated by KLM or Air France||30 hrs*|
* Calculated based on the scheduled departure time of the KLM or Air France flight
Who may not use Online Check-in?
- Minors (up to and including 14 years of age) traveling alone1
- Passengers requiring special assistance2
- Passengers traveling with special baggage (sports equipment, animals)
- Passengers traveling on flights not operated by the Alitalia group
- Passengers with connecting flights on the same day that are operated by other airlines, except Air France or KLM
- Passengers with reissued or revalidated tickets
- Passengers departing from:
- Abu Dhabi
- Palma de Mallorca
- St. Petersburg
How to retrieve your boarding pass
Choose how you want to retrieve/print your boarding pass:
- PC following online Check-in3
- Mobile device with Internet access (boarding pass sent via text message4)
- Fast Check-in kiosk at the airport
- Check-in desk
Cancellation of Check-in
If you are no longer able to board the flight for which you have already checked in using online Check-in, the online service will allow you to cancel your check-in in just a few easy steps.
- Extra Comfort Seats: purchase seats that give you more room on medium and long-haul international flights
1. Minors can use Online Check-in only if accompanied by an adult.
2. Passengers needing special assistance can request it by contacting the dedicated Special Assistance number at least 48 hours before their flight departure time, to ensure they receive assistance according to their specific needs from the time of check-in to boarding.
3. For the following flights, only retrieval at the airport is possible:
- Flights from: Cairo, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Tripoli, and Tunis
- Flights to: Moscow, St. Petersburg and Tripoli